I haven’t been able to sit down and post much in the past couple of weeks. I’ve been a busy bee getting things ready for Adrian’s first birthday party this weekend (I can’t even believe he is about to be 1!)
It rained a few times last week, and since me and the little man were hanging out indoors for a bit I decided to make him a special treat!
Oatmeal Raisin Sticks!
The original recipe I got from All Recipes and made a couple of kid friendly adjustments to it.
Here is my revised kid friendly version!
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup All Purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups quick cooking oats
- 2 packs of raisins chopped
1. Cream butter, banana, vanilla extract and butter together.
2. Combine wet and dry ingredients.
3. Spoon log shapes or cookies shapes on a parchment lined cookie sheet and bake at 375 for about 20 minutes.
Honestly, I believe you could also omit the butter and they would still hold together and be even healthier.
I rolled them in log shapes kind of like a teething cookie and even though he only has two teeth I give him the entire cookie, they melt right in his mouth!
He absolutely LOVES them.
Nom Nom Nom 🙂
Follow me on Pinterest!